Monday, September 8, 2014

This Week's Special Guest - Kate Richards

Kate Richards is a SoCal dweller with a beach-loving family. She spends as much time as she can in the Pacific waves, but when surf’s not up she enjoys writing, reading, and growing vegetables in her garden.

Writing erotic romance is a dream come true. Kate’s first release, Finally, My Love, was a loose, very loose, adaptation of when she met her beloved husband online nine years ago. Since then she has sold several other books, but Finally will always be close to her heart.

WEBSITE *** FACEBOOK *** TWITTER


Can Characters be Sexy of 30? 40? 50?

When I hang out in Loony Bean Coffee, Spellbinder Books or the other small businesses in the tourist-friendly town of Bishop, California, in the Eastern Sierras, the company often includes hikers either just back from or on their way to the trails. With mountains well over the ten –thousand foot mark , one might expect the average hiker to be a teenager, but, while there are many young trekkers, there is no shortage of those over fifty. Some into their eighties. It’s probably the secret to eternal youth.

And I am a sucker for the romance of the great outdoors. To me, a sleeping bag next to the glowing coals of a banked fire, with the wind soughing through the pines and the aspens rattling, is the sexiest setting on earth. Add the black velvet of a sky sprinkled with the white fire of millions of stars…or a heavy, golden moon…and I’m putty in my partner’s hands. And don’t get me started about cuddling together in a tent while rain pelts the canvas. My heart beats faster just thinking about it!

After all…the common wisdom is its warmer in the sleeping bag without clothes, and body heat can’t be beat. Practicality and sensuality!

I’ve been a hiker and camper all my life and don’t find my interests waning as I get older. Why should it? Or why should passion? The hidden lakes of the High Sierra certainly haven’t gotten any less breathtaking and neither has my appreciation for the strong arms of my husband. Or any other part of him.

So, why wouldn’t two people in their fifties—especially when they’ve regretted what wasn’t in their teens—have an explosive passion when they find themselves alone together in the great beauty of the majestic mountains of their youth?

 

This is the background on the cover, a photograph of the area where the story takes place taken by a member of my family to whom I am very grateful.


SIERRA SEDUCTION by Kate Richards 

Successful financier and conqueror of mountains Valiant Epstein has returned to the majestic Sierra Nevada range. He has spent the past thirty-five years building his career and raising a family, but with a divorce behind him, his thoughts return to the enticing camp counselor who got away in his youthful rush toward his goals. Memories of her haunt the aspen and pine-covered slopes, leaving him fantasizing about what would have happened if he’d been her first lover instead of stupidly walking away.

Photographer of beautiful naked men, Michaela Vanz travels the high trails on a regular basis, but the mountains more and more remind her of the man to whom she’s compared all others. Valiant’s hard work building trails through the mountains also built muscle. Handsome, smart, funny and incredibly sexy…how could she ever forget him? She’d spent that summer hinting and finally begged him to make love to her but he’d rejected her and left her to make a life without him.

A lifetime later, when they meet again in the High Sierras, Val is more than ready to say yes, but will their passion last only one day and night or have they found true love in the second half of their lives?

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT


2 comments:

  1. Good morning and happy Monday, Kate!! Super congrats on not only releasing SIERRA SEDUCTION this past week, but also on your kinky historical, EDUCATING MARGUERITE - I hear the box set it's included it is doing quite well :)

    I love second chance love stories and I also love that SIERRA SEUCTION has two older main character. Being of a certain age, myself, I don't think there is nearly enough romances with older characters. I mean, there's still a lot of life left after 50!!

    Thanks for being our special guest this week, Kate, and here's to having two new bestsellers to add to your list! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete